POR MARCHE FESR 2014-2020
Axis 1 – Action 4.1
“Support for the development and consolidation of high knowledge-intensive start-ups – 2016 Call”
UVA polymerization resin for more competitive and low environmental impact composite material products
The project proposes activities necessary for the definition and creation of an environmentally low-impact polymer, in response to the growing demand from composite material sector companies to stay current and have products with high technical performance while maintaining a low environmental impact.
- Formulate a low environmental impact UV-curing matrix, starting from catalytic polymerization resins of various types available on the market, with mechanical and chemical-physical characteristics that are superior or equal to the original resins.
- Formulate a low environmental impact UV-curing matrix that is versatile and can be used with various technologies/methodologies in different production processes.
- Formulate a versatile low environmental impact UV-curing matrix for various application areas.
- The production of the matrix on a pilot scale.
- Formulation for infusion, vacuum, and RTM processes that will further contribute to emission reduction, even down to zero.
- Refinement of the polymerization process using combined IR/UVA lamps to ensure deeper polymerization.
- Creation of application prototypes in the nautical, wind energy, and stone sectors.